About GladAfrica Foundation
- Improve the calibre of graduates from the education system by meeting their social and economic needs and increasing their ability to have a positive impact on society and redress the cycles of poverty in South Africa.
- Improve livelihoods in black communities by creating recreational and social environments that meet community needs.
- Implement sustainable projects to contribute to community social development.
- Partner with research organisations to create awareness about the benefits of health research and implement initiatives that empower and benefit individuals in communities afflicted by illness.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Creating relationships of trust with donors and beneficiaries.
- Raising funds for our beneficiaries.
- Managing funds effectively in the interest of our donors.
- Establishing a sustainable, well-governed, non-profit organisation that is legally, procedurally and B-BBEE compliant.
What keeps us grounded
Accountability to those who entrust us with the resources to execute our mandate.
Integrity and transparency in our conduct and business activities at all times.
Driving us forward
The GladAfrica Foundation trustees are young, dynamic black women with a passion for community upliftment, improving the livelihoods of the less privileged and eradicating poverty from the fabric of South African society. All are academically well-qualified and grounded in finance and logistics, with significant experience in the business world.
Ntwanano Wendy Mashaba
A Chartered Accountant with almost 10 years’ experience in the business world, Ntwanano completed her articles at the Office of the Auditor-General South Africa (AGSA) in 2007. She was promoted to a managerial position at AGSA in January 2008 and obtained international auditing experience through a secondment to the United Nations to audit the UN Office for Project Services. She joined Sizwe Ntsaluba Gobodo as a Senior Manager in 2012, where she gained extensive auditing experience in the private sector. Following a career change decision in 2013, she spearheaded the establishment of the GladAfrica Foundation as its founding Chairperson to become involved in community service on a full-time basis.
Nkhensani Sybil Lebese
A graduate in Logistics Management from the University of Johannesburg, Nkhensani also completed a Management Advancement Programme through Wits Business School and obtained a Certificate of Directors through the Institute of Directors (IOD). Her proficiency in mergers and acquisitions stems from extensive field experience while serving on the Boards of leading organisations in ICT, manufacturing and recycling. She is a co-founding trustee of the GladAfrica Foundation and shares a passion for building lives and creating hope for the disadvantaged in black communities through education, empowerment and community-focused research.
Nyiko Gift Hlaisii
Nyiko is a BCom graduate in Entrepreneurial Management from the University of Johannesburg and has completed skills training courses in payroll administration, basic software training, advanced software training, tax and payroll and Human Resources in July 2012. Following a marketing internship for Waco Industrial Electrical Distributor during 2013, she joined the Foundation as a trustee in 2014.
Having overcome disadvantaged community backgrounds ourselves, we are keen to help others improve their circumstances and reach the goals they set for themselves.Nkhensani LebeseTrustee
The Foundation is an organisation with Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) status. It is managed by a Board of Trustees and subject to an annual audit. The services of founder representatives, including the Financial Director, HR Manager, Legal Advisor and Principal Technologist, are available to the Foundation. The structure directs and guides the Foundation’s corporate governance and decisions about operational and strategic priorities.
As a Foundation, we partner with donor and other organisations and work closely with and within poor, black communities to ensure that our projects are well-funded, needs-driven and sustainable. Our focus is on facilitating realistic growth and delivering tangible benefits.